Things to do in Valencia
With Copa Airlines flights to Valencia, it’s never been easier to experience one of Venezuela’s most dynamic cities. There are countless things to do in Valencia, since this sprawling, bustling metropolis has both a rich history and an explosive nightlife. Begin your visit of this former capital city at Plaza Bolivar, named in honor of the famous rebel leader—Valencia was the first Venezuelan city to declare independence from Spain. After a tour of the regal home of the country´s first president, take the city’s swanky metro north to the hip neighborhood of El Viñedo. Top off your visit with a stop at the plush Sambil Mall and its museum dedicated to baseball, Venezuela´s greatest passion.
A cool collection of restaurants in Valencia
Mingle with the hip and beautiful at one of Valencia´s lively restaurants. Along Avenida Bolivar, eat seafood on an attractive wooden deck that transforms into a pulsating dance floor. In trendy El Viñedo, sip coffee while lounging in a lush courtyard. Or bite into juicy steak in one of the city’s many Old World, hacienda-style grill houses.
Novelty shopping in Valencia
A visit to Valencia isn’t complete without a visit to the Sambil Mall, the city´s unofficial town center, which sports a quirky, domed roof designed to resemble a baseball. For more conventional retail experiences, check out Metropolis Shopping, which contains banks, pharmacies, and a huge cinema. It’s also home to a colorful annual karaoke festival.
Valencia Travel Tips
- A ticket on Valencia´s high-tech Metro costs only BsF50, but it stops running early—at 8:30pm on weekdays and 7:30pm on weekends.
- Always telephone for a taxi at night, since taxi drivers do not stop for strangers on the street after dark.
- The city’s best 5-star hotel option is located in El Viñedo. If you’re looking for a more personal and boutique place to stay, head closer to the Sambil Mall.
- One of the best things to do in Valencia is to catch one of the city’s many parades. Time your visit during the party seasons of late March and mid-November.
- The weather in Valencia is superb. The average temperature in this 500m-high city is 26 degrees Celsius.
Fly to your unforgettable Valencia experience with Copa Airlines, the best way to connect with the Americas.